Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The forsaken gift that we possess


بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Being unwell for the past few days, hindered me from doing many things. Attending lectures, finishing assignments, studying for upcoming tests and so forth, you name it. Trying to be analytical, I have lost more than 30 precious hours without doing much apart from resting.
 وصدق رسول الله صلي الله عليه وسلم (True is the saying of prophet Muhammad s.a.w.)

Take advantage of five matters before five other matters: your youth before you become old; your health before you fall sick; your richness before you become poor; your free time before you become busy; and your life before your death.

That's what we are, human being. Always being forgetful, and not being thankful. Contemplating on  my past few days, realizing how crucial the gift of health and having free time. Ahh well, I wish I could blame the strange but rather outrageous weather lately for discouraging me from doing any recreational activities. Still, I realized how I myself am not being disciplined enough in that sense. There's always alternatives, there are always other means. It's just a matter of determination. InsyaAllah I will try to improve on that.

This week is rather a crucial week for me. Plenty of deadlines to be met. Thanks to the 'test' given by Allah few days back, it knocked me out from Neverland and brought me back to reality of how crucial it is to fully utilize my well-being and free time. Now I have a lot to catch up, but it's not the end of the world. Let's get organized! Cut down all لغا (unnecessary, vain) activities, work hard and pray hard as well! 

Indeed, with hardship there is ease/relief. So when you have finished (from your duties), then stand up (for prayer). And to your Lord (alone) turn all your invocations.  (94:6-8)

In conjunction with the Month of Du'a (Prayer) campaign launched by the BECA sisters, let us all pray so that all our good deeds will be accepted. The prayer is the long forgotten deadly weapon that we have, only owned by the Muslims, in fact only by the true Mu'mins (believers). 

Flabbergasted I was, realizing how quick time flies. It's already Sya'ban and I can certainly feel the 'heat' of Ramadhan now. Eagerly waiting for this magical month to arrive, let us all not waste this month of Sya'ban. Let's offer more voluntary fast during this month and increase the frequency of our 'amal (good deed) insyaAllah.

Felipe Massa nearly won the Hungarian Grand Prix last Sunday but his engine failed him just 3 laps prior to chequered flag. Thus he had to hand in his almost certain victory to Heikki Kovalainen from Mclaren Mercedes. That reminds me of just the reality of this worldly life. How we thought everything was going according to plan and all of the sudden, we can be robbed of something that we thought we do possess for certain. Nothing is certain in this life. The only certain thing is DEATH. How often do we realize that? 

Everyone shall taste death. And only on the Day of Resurrection shall you be paid your wages in full. And whoever is removed away from the Hell Fire and admitted to the Paradise, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception. (3:185)

The life of this world is الغرور (deceiving) indeed. I've got other things to do now. InsyaAllah I will write up more this coming weekend. 

والله علم
والسلام عليكم

No comments: