Sunday, August 24, 2008

Permatang Pauh election...


بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Many said to me that I'm 'wasted' because I didn't talk much about politics, specifically Malaysia's political scenario. Well it's true I didn't comment much on Malaysia's politics, mainly because I think it's foolish. I do follow the progress and updates via news, but it's just that I don't like to talk about it.

We are all Muslims, in which we all are supposed to be united and not divided. Enough of this. My blog is now supposed to be on hiatus but yet here I'm still writing. Let's look back and ponder (tadabbur) at what has been revealed to us by the All Magnificent Allah s.w.t. in the Holy Quran:


9. Hence, if two groups of believers fall to fighting, make peace between them; but then, if one of the two [groups] goes on acting wrongfully towards the other, fight against the one that acts wrongfully until it reverts to God’s commandment; and if they revert, make peace between them with justice, and deal equitably [with them]: for verily, God loves those who act equitably!
10. All believers are but brotherhood. Hence, [when ever they are at odds,] make peace between your two brethren, and remain conscious of God, so that you might be graced with His mercy.
11. O you who have attained to faith! No men shall deride [other] men: it may well be that those [whom they deride] are better than themselves; and no women [shall deride other] women: it may well be that those [whom they deride] are better than them selves. And neither shall you defame one another, nor insult one another by [opprobrious] epithets: evil is all imputation of iniquity after [one has attained to] faith; and they who [become guilty thereof and] do not repent - it is they, they who are evildoers!

(Al-Hujurat; 49:9-11)

Now look at ourselves, the 'so-called' Muslims. Shame on us.

Here is also a link of what S.S. Dr. Mohd. Asri bin Zainul Abidin has to say about the Permatang Pauh election too.

Let's focus more on the upcoming Ramadhan for the time being, تقرب (get closer) to Allah. Till then, I rest my case.

والله علم
والسلام عليكم

No comments: