Wednesday, April 29, 2009

That's when I know, my love, my life

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

The sun has begun to set and I hang up the smile I've worn all day. Though I will make sure it is the first thing I put back on in the morning because just in case it is 'that day,' I want my love to see me at my very best.

I do the normal routine, eat dinner, clean the house, write -- the usual stuff.

And then I lay down hoping to fall asleep quickly so my new day will hurry up and arrive. A new day with a brand new sun.

But as I lay there and wait for the world to turn half way around, sometimes I smile, and sometimes that smile will turn into a snicker, and then often that snicker will turn into a burst of laughter.

And then there are times I get that lump in my throat and that tight feeling in my chest, and sometimes that feeling overwhelms me and begins to turn into a tear, and often that tear multiplies itself and I can no longer fight the feeling and I lose the battle.



Then somehow through either the joy or the sadness I drift and find myself asleep. Then the dreams begin and keep me company until my new day arrives.

When I awake it's with such excitement! Because I tell myself this could be the day that every other day has led up to and the first day of the rest of my life. I quickly dawn my smile, because I do so want my love to see me at my very best. Then I look out the window even though I know it's dawn, but I still have to confirm I've been given another chance to 'find' my love.

And there it is ... the sun, even when it's cloudy; somehow I still see it. And it smiles at me and I say "thank you" and I smile back.

Then I ask myself, "Is this the day?" And the excitement rushes over me again. And then I ask myself, "Where's it going to be?"

Maybe it'll be at the water fountain and unexpectedly there I'll find my love and much more than my thirst will be quenched.

Maybe it'll be at the grocery store, and there it'll appear as I'm picking out fruit and it'll show me the difference between fresh and spoiled. Then from that moment, nothing that I will eat will ever taste the same. Because it'll bring out the simplest beauties in everything I see, taste, smell, hear, or touch.

Or maybe today will be the day when my Angel brings an item up to the cash register without its price tag. And as I wait behind this Angel with all the frustrated people who are in such a hurry about their busy lives, I will find myself with such blessed extra time. Just enough time to start a conversation with this beautiful vision standing behind me that I might not otherwise would have noticed. But because of a "price check on register 5," I was able to find my love.

So will today be the day I say, "ALHAMDULILLAH/THANK YOU GOD!" which began my new day. Thank you for granting me the faith when I arose this morning that I would find my love in this new day. But most of all, thank you for me not having to ever wait on another sunrise. Because whenever I want to see it, I will look at it and there it shall always be, in its eyes, it will forever hold it for me.

Alhamdulillahi rabbil 'alamin. الحمدلله رب العلمين


Asmmau Allah - - Sami Yusuf


والله علم
والسلام عليكم

No comments: